Rehabilitation Care Program – Call (775) 624-5907 and Find Help Now!
Interventions are probably one of the best approaches available for getting addicts into a rehabilitation (rehab) treatment program. Addiction is frightening for both the addict and the addict’s friends and family. If are concerned about someone in your life who may be significantly and frighteningly changed as a result of a drug or alcohol habit, there is help available. You may be asking, “How can I help my family member get clean again?” and “What is my role in getting my family member sober?” It doesn’t matter how much you care about the person, you’re are upset about being used, tired of being misled and of having to say no, and fed up with helping the addict and others who may be codependent on the addict. You can’t be scared of confrontation: don’t let doubt prevent you from taking action. Contact Intervention Center Reno at 775 624-5907 for information about intervention services addiction and how to coordinate one.
What’s an Intervention?
An intervention is a highly organized event that seeks to convince the addict to go into a rehabilitation program to treat their problems with addiction. Individuals who are concerned about the addict, including family, friends, clergy members, and teachers, come together to confront the addict concerning the effects of their drug abuse, and encourage them to agree to therapy. Interventions are used to offer the addict an opportunity to get help and save their own life, especially in situations where the addict doesn’t realize they have an issue, is in denial, or is just unwilling to get treatment. There are a couple of topics that need to be discussed during an intervention, such as:
- the addict’s dangerous behavior and how it has affected the addict and their loved ones
- the therapy plan along with goals and instructions that the addict is expected to observe
- what each member of the intervention vows to do if the addict doesn’t go to a rehab or treatment program
The four different types of interventions are simple, crisis, classical, and family system:
- A simple intervention is just “simply” asking someone to quit their self-destructive behavior, and before another, more difficult intervention technique is attempted, a simple intervention should be used.
- A crisis intervention should be used in situations of extremely hazardous, risky behavior, such as reckless driving, violence, or severe drug addiction.
- Persuading a particular person to agree to enter rehab right away is the objective of a classical intervention.
- The complete family is the focal point of a family system intervention; since socially dysfunctional environments develop in situations of substance dependency and family violence, it’s necessary that everybody involved agrees to modify their behaviors.
What Is the Difference Between an Intervention and Rehab?
There’s a big difference between an intervention and therapy, even though each is necessary for the recovery process. Intervention Center Nevada defines intervention as a process wherein friends and family persuade an addict to go to a rehab facility so that they may be able to defeat their drug abuse problem. Intervention is NOT the same thing as rehabilitation, and will not be enough to make the addict quit using drugs or alcohol. At alcohol and drug addiction services rehab facilities like Intervention Services Program Reno, NV, the addict learns about the disease of drug and alcohol abuse, what triggers their use of drugs or alcohol, and the best way to preserve long term recovery. Treatment Centers Rehab very seriously recommends following up an intervention right away with a rehabilitation program, ideally on that same day.
For Immediate Assistance, Contact Rehabilitation Care Program Today!
It can be frustrating and scary to watch a family member succumb to substance abuse. Most times, interventions are extremely-organized meetings that require the combined efforts of family and friends; however, it is sometimes as easy as just asking the person to quit their behavior. In order to locate an interventionist, locate a rehab program, or discuss dependency in general, contact Rehabilitation Care Program. Call 775-624-5907 now to help a loved one get the assistance they so desperately need!